PR Worx is looking to employ a SENIOR PR ACCOUNT MANAGER to join our dynamic team ASAP.
You must be able to work under pressure, keep up with stringent deadlines and deliver the highest quality of work at all times.
This position is for you if you can work in a fast-paced working environment and if you are looking to grow and move up in the ranks.
Requirements needed for the position:
• Seven years of public relations agency experience.
• Communications, Marketing or Journalism degree
• Ability to manage diverse daily workloads and priorities.
• Established media relationships and contacts are a must.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• In-depth media knowledge.
• Managed strategic development and tactical execution of a public relations campaign.
• Strong client management skills.
• Demonstrated leadership.
Your duties as an Account Manager would include:
• Consult on media relations and general PR, and recommend them as appropriate; shows proficiency in the implementation of these campaigns.
• Demonstrate sound knowledge of our clients’ businesses and the industries in which they operate; and risks that could potentially impact our clients’ organisations.
• Demonstrate your strategic and widespread media relationships to generate maximum positive coverage for our clients.
• Serve our agency, our clients and the media to the highest professional standards.
• Demonstrate writing proficiency across all marketing-communications requirements including PR strategies, plans, creative briefing, opinion pieces, presentations and proposals, all of which reflect a clear understanding of your client’s business and industry.
• Provide day-to-day management of client campaigns and be confident in your role as our clients’ first point of contact, inspiring their loyalty and trust.
• Develop and drive strategy, planning and budget setting processes.
• Ensure all work produced by internal and third-party teams is completed in a timely manner, is branded and produced to the highest possible standard.
• Proactively seek opportunities to contribute to client retention/growth and client satisfaction.
• Proactively identify potential clients.
• Successfully and respectfully manage a team of Senior Account Executives, Account Executives, Account Coordinators and Writers as required.
• Oversee regular client reporting – weekly, monthly and quarterly.
• Write (or brief writers), pitch and place articles as required.
• Attend weekly in-person status meetings with clients, and attend events when appropriate and required.
• Oversee the development of press kit documents as well as news releases and pitch letters. Develop press tour schedules, appointments; secure media interviews.
• Work with social media team to strategise client posting plans.
• Serve as a mentor for junior staff members.
• Demonstrate leadership qualities including the ability to motivate, inspire, delegate, empower and develop relationships with team members.
• Manage and interact with PR Worx’s brand values, and people and operational principles.
• Manage monthly clients’ Scopes of Work in accordance with Service Level Agreements or expectations.
• Manage and oversee client budgets.
• Manage and review your team’s timesheets and administration to ensure SLA’s are met on time and on budget.
Remuneration: R30,000 per month - Negotiable based on experience.
If you meet the requirements above, please email your CV to email@example.com by 11 January 2024.